Friday, September 12, 2008

Can you speak English, please?

Okay. I get it.



I’m a girl.


I am the only girl in my house. Not even a girl dog, cat, or goldfish.


But, for the love of Pete, can we talk about something other than if (insert name of team here) is in the “one-double-a” or the “one-a” or the “two-double-a” league, level or whatever you call it? If (insert name of player here) was traded, or did they retire? What was the score of that Monday night football game three years ago? Offsides, Roughing the Passer, Hacking, Three-point shot, First Down?



And, how exactly does my 7-year old know these terms and stats?? Is it normal? Seriously, he holds his own in the conversations with his father. He even knows that Duke doesn’t have a football team this year, or do they? Or did they say basketball team? Is that what they said? Maybe it wasn't even Duke - I can’t remember. We went to Kansas City last weekend (for what else? Shopping for Braden’s hockey equipment) and the whole way there all I heard was sports, sports, sports.



Don’t get me wrong – I like a good hockey or football, and even baseball, game. After all, how many moms and wives would VOLUNTARILY schedule their summer vacation around the schedule of a major league baseball game? But HOW ON EARTH can you talk about it for an hour and 15 minutes solid???



I guess they would probably say the same thing about my 12 hour scrap-a-thons. I guess I understand.

The boys are gone for the evening (at a hockey game!). I’m enjoying a girls-night-in. Dove chocolates, pink fuzzy slippers, diet coke, surfing crafty blogs and catching up on my soaps via my TIVO. It’s good to be a girl.




Even if I don't always understand what the heck they are talking about, I wouldn't trade these guys for anything!



3 comments:

Barb said...

Dude, no way did you paint your toenails!

I'm glad Poot isn't a sports nut... I think I would have serious issues. ;)

Chaffin Channel said...

It's called clip art... :) I don't like to show my feet! :)

Tobi said...

MCBGMMC may be partly to blame for this!