Saturday, September 13, 2008

It's Clean Up Time - Not for the faint of heart

"It's Time to Clean Up"
performed by Cathy Bollinger

It’s time to clean up clean up
Everybody do your share
Clean up clean up

Soon the mess will not be there.
Clean up clean up
Look at this we’re almost done
Toys away -- hey hey hey
Clean-up can be fun.


Be Bop
I think I’ll put my ball in the toy chest
Be bop...
And this book goes in my bookshelf
Bee bop...
Oh no, Don’t push all your toys under the bed
Bee bop...


Toys away -- hey hey hey
Clean-up can be fun


So, what's all this singing and celebration about? I spent my Saturday afternoon cleaning my scrapbook room!! WHOO HOO!!! So long overdue it's not even funny. Like most people (I hope), our "spare room" (a.k.a. my crafty room) has become the catch all.

You know...
  • Company's coming over - throw it in there.
  • Can't find a place for it - throw it in there.
  • Maybe we'll sell that in the next garage sale - throw it in there.

Well, I suppose I had had enough, or hypothetically, I may have needed something in the back corner and couldn't squeeze my fat butt through the door! Hypothetically speaking, of course.

I thought I would share the before and after pics with you guys. Mostly for therapeutic reasons. Maybe this will hold me accountable. It's not perfect. But, I can certainly get in there to create - and no one will be injured trying to find me. I need my own time - and space (see last night's post).




BEFORE:

Barb, are you closing your eyes?? FYI - She has already helped me clean this room twice. My darling husband thought it might be too much to ask her to come over again to help.


Special note - check out how things have not been balancing very well on my work station lately...should have been my first sign that I should have done this sooner. It is such a pit! Embarassing.











AFTER:

Note - you can see the television - and the TOP OF MY DESK! WHOOO HOOOO!!


Look at my shelf - it's almost pretty!! You didn't see the before of this pic. It was really bad because sometimes it was all we could reach from the door. There were a lot of things piled/balanced on this shelf.




Okay, so the up-side to cleaning my room:



I found this pile of stamps that either, (a) haven't been opened, or (b) I forgot I ever had.
Imagine the possibilities.


But that's not the only thing I found...

LOOK at this pile of ribbon!!! Seriously, everytime I opened a bag, or moved something, I found ribbon. This doesn't count the pile of ribbon that was nice and neat on the shelf. This truly is just the stuff I found. It's a sickness.

Doesn't it look all pretty in this little crate?


And, the downside?
Other than the obvious - now I have to cut out all those stamps...Brady finally saw everything nice and neat in my room and was a bit flabbergasted at the small scrapbook store that resides in our home. I don't think he truly understood my sickness until he saw it all picked up off the floor and out of the many, many bags.

I suppose tomorrow will be spent cutting out stamps in front of the television and getting ready for next weekend's 12-hour crop!! I can't wait.

2 comments:

Barb said...

GASP!! [back of hand on forehead... almost fainting]

Look at all of that yumminess you found!! OMG. Had I been there helping you, I might have been stuffing my pockets w/ ribbon!

Don't you feel better?! hmmmmm... maybe I should have a lookie see at my space...

Laurie T. said...

I am so excited now we both have a clean space to create in!!!! You are an inspiration.