Wednesday, August 20, 2008

OMG - What have I gotten myself into??

Okay - so one of my bf's just blogged her 100th entry on her blog and has inspired me to join the blogging community!! Thanks Barb for the inspiration! And thanks Laurie for the blog title - I was having a brain cramp trying to think of one. As usual, Laurie to the rescue - ahhh, my true Gemini twin!!

I don't really know what to write for my first blog. Should it be something serious, funny, witty, charming, or informational? Hopefully, all of the above.

A few things about me:

I love to scrapbook, and other crafting, but never have the time. I want to post some of my completed projects here. It will prove to myself (and my husband) that I am actually completing something once in awhile, instead of just being a collector of scrapbook and card-making supplies.




I have a wonderful husband of 12 years and a seven-year old son (sorry, 7 1/2 years old!). I'm certain there will be several pictures shared on this blog. Never of me. Well, almost never. And the ones that will be included (hopefully) have been cropped, photoshopped, and a bit blurred, so my thigh only looks like a small treetrunk, or makes you wonder if that's me or not.
Seriously, I hate having my picture taken!


I love to travel to places I've never been. We recently went to Seattle, WA, and then trained to Vancouver, BC. I had to attend the midyear conference of the national organization that I belong to for work. Okay, I'll use one picture of me here - only because there are shadows and you can't make out all of my chins. We are on top of the Space Needle!!!

Our next big trip will be to Albuquerque in January!!
I wonder where the scrapbook stores are?? I should start planning now.


I love to take pictures. My secret (?) ambition is to take a few (real) photography courses and become a semi-professional photographer. Not the weird, caffeine-induced, photographers with horned-rimmed glasses that take pictures of the uber-skinny runway models. But one of the nice, lady-around-the-corner photographers that your friend's friend's friend calls to ask if you can take their family Christmas photo with the dog by the mantle. (Not the cat - I'm horribly allergic to cats.)


I love TV - and I TIVO it! I love reality tv (especially the train-wreck reality stuff), soap operas on CBS, a few "old school" game shows, Bravo, the Style Network, Food Network and HGTV. I keep thinking if I watch enough shows on how to design an entire bedroom for $50 - it might just happen. All I ever get is a room that looks like $1.50 (say 'a buck-fifty)?? Or, if I watch Rachel Ray make an entire meal for a family in 30 minutes, I think one will just appear in my kitchen. So far, neither of these have happened, but I keep watching...and hoping.
Here's a pic with my favorite bachelor - Bob Guiney. I love his music!


Okay - I think this is a good start. What do you think? Now, do I post every hour, every day, once a week, bi-weekly, bi-daily...what is appropriate, and is that last one a real word???

OH MY!! What have I gotten myself into?

4 comments:

Barb said...

^^^scream^^^ You have finally bitten the bullet... OMG. I love love love that picture of you and Braden... why, exactly, haven't I seen that one before??! [insert raised eyebrow, mom-type-look here]

love ya' and welcome to all that is blogger!

T said...

Hahahahaha...very cute...this is definitely your kind of thing...
Luv ya T

Frank Chaffin said...

OMG! (hummm...I can't believe I actually used that "shorthand")
Yep -- you're in it now!! Verry clever. Keep it up!
Papa Frank

Laurie T. said...

Awesome 1st blog! I am totally excited to log on to see what you are up to. Don't know know when or if I will ever jump on the blog band wagon, but for now I will just have to live vicaresously(sp) thru you and Barb.