Saturday, August 23, 2008

Matchy Matchy

First of all, before I get started on my second post, I want to thank everyone for all the great comments (on and off the blog). I have THE best friends and family!

I'm so excited! I'm 37 years old and I am going to have matching bedroom furniture today! I'll have to post pictures once I get it all arranged. My dear friend (and newlywed) Karla is getting rid of her 25-year old bedroom suit (minus the bed) and offered it to a good home. It's my chance to have a real, honest-to-goodness matching bedroom (except the bed). And for FREE!! I feel like such an adult. As long as the rain stays away we'll be moving later this morning.


Hubby left at 7:30 this morning to umpire a softball tourney for Harley riders to benefit MDA today (10+ games). He just called - with the rain, they may not start until after noon and then he has games scheduled for tomorrow too (5 or so games?). Good news: he's bringing home breakfast. Bad news: It may make for a long day (yes, he's also furniture moving in between all this). Poor guy! He's been umpiring all summer and is in need of a break. Next Friday is his last game for the summer. He won't umpire again until the Spring.


Braden is being a slacker and enjoying a morning full of Sponge Bob. UGH! I'm sure his brain is rotting. Hasn't he seen these episodes 100 times? I'm glad I'm not like that. :)









Not much else going on today. I'm going to go vacuum out the dust bunnies before we go get our furniture. It's always good to have one good cleaning when getting "new" furniture, right? Who knows when that furniture will get moved away from the wall again.

Wish me luck!

2 comments:

Barb said...

Great photos, Cindy! Braden has already got that 'man-thang' down pat with the remote and the couch!! Congrats on the furniture, and please check my blog for your very first blogging award!! Yes, you only have two posts, but dang it, they're great... love you!!! [big hug]

shannon said...

Congrats on your new blog! It was fun stamping with you at Barb's last weekend...are you going to post any pics of your creations?