Sunday, June 13, 2010

Back Pain Sucks!

Ok, It was the Friday of my garage sale a couple weeks ago. I woke up to ABSOLUTELY no feeling in my right foot. It just kind of flopped around. "I don't have time for this," I thought. It's bad enough my back had been killing me for weeks, now this??!
I had an MRI done to find out what was going on. I found out I have a bulging disc in my lower back and it's pushing on a nerve that goes STRAIGHT DOWN MY RIGHT LEG to the tip of my big toe. PAIN and numbness at the same time! Who would have thought that was possible? The MRI showed the bulging disc at around L5 for you chiropractic types. I was sent to an anastesiologist this week for a cortisone shot. They feel as if the dropped foot-thing is temporary and should come back to life once the nerve has time to heal. Meanwhile, I continue to walk around very unstable! (Even more so than normal)

I had significant relief for the first two days of the shot. However, the pain seems to be creeping back. I'm pretty discouraged by this information. I am supposed to call in the next week to let them know how I am feeling. We may be looking at a second shot. I hope not. My 39th birthday is this week, and I feel like my body is letting me down. This is partly my fault for treating it so terribly for so long. But dangit! I'm not ready for all these doctor appointments!!

On a happier note, Brady went to Dallas for the last week for driver training for his work. While he was there he got to see the Texas kiddos and took a few pictures for me. I sure miss them. Hopefully I'll get to see them soon. THEY ARE SOOO CUTE! Here...look...

MASON



















MADDIE


















JACKSON


1 comment:

Barb said...

Awwwww... the kiddos are sooooooooo cute!

I am truly sorry for your pain, sweetie. I hope the man is pampering you at least a little bit!

And happy early birthday, old lady. Welcome to the almost-40 crowd :)