Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Happy St Patty's Day!

So I've spent this morning reflecting on how things have changed. It's a weee bit different for me on St Patty's Day today than they were a few years ago. It wasn't that long ago that I would spend this wonderful day swilling back green beers (or any other green alcoholic beverage) at my favorite pub in Aggieville (shout out to Fast Eddy's!) and trying not to sound too much like a pirate - and more like a true Irishman.

Let's see...today, I will be taking my son and two of our friends' kids to the St Patty's parade in downtown Topeka, followed by a trip to McDonald's for happy meals and shamrock shakes. I'll end the day with Braden's last hockey practice for the season and have dinner at Cici's with 20 other hockey families.

No beer, no funny irish phrases. Just good ole family fun! :)

My, how times have changed. I'm not complaining - there is absolutely no fear of a hangover tomorrow. :)

Have a green beer for me - Happy St Patty's Day everyone,

Cindy O'Chaffin

2 comments:

Barb said...

I couldn't ever get into green beer... I'm thinkin'... uh... no.

Does that mean I'm old, too? Ya' know, since I was in the next box 3 whole months before you...

Barb said...

I couldn't ever get into green beer... I'm thinkin'... uh... no.

Does that mean I'm old, too? Ya' know, since I was in the next box 3 whole months before you...